Here's what's on for the school holidays this week
THE Christmas holidays are finally here, and thousands of kids across the Gladstone region will be aching for some fun activities to celebrate their end of the schooling year for 2013.
But there is no need to worry because Gladstone has plenty on offer. No matter what age or interest there will be something for everyone.
Arts and crafts activities are popular as usual but there are also the outdoor options too.
SUNfest 2014 runs from January 6-17 and once again includes activities for children aged 10-11 years in a program called Lil' Kids.
Tickets will be available from the ticketing website http://www.gladecc.com.au, by phoning the Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre on 4972 2822 or in person at the Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre Box Office, the Boyne Tannum Community Centre, Miriam Vale Council Office, Calliope Council Office and Mt Larcom and Agnes Water Rural Transaction Centres.
Proof of a participant's age and completion of an indemnity form are part of SUNfest entry requirements.
This week will be the first of the eight week school holidays, and it's taking off with a bang!
Here's what's on:
Monday, December 16
- PCYC Family Day: Bring something in for show and tell. Cost: Standard day fee.
- Three Day Canoe Paddle at Lake Awoonga: Come and join the Boyne Valley Canoe club to camp on Lake Awoonga from December 16-18. Newcomers are welcome. Contact Blair Smith on 07 4974 1267
Tuesday, December 17
- PCYC Luau Hawaiian themed day of fun at the PCYC. Cost: Standard day fee.
- Be-Jewelled: Jewellery making workshop for children between 6 and 16 with local artist Lyn Lee. Takes place at Gladstone Regional Art Gallery and Museum. Time: 10am - 12.30pm. Contact 4976 6766.
Wednesday, December 18
- PCYC Teddy Bear Picnic Marina. Cost: $2 addition to standard day fee.
- Children's Christmas Craft at Calliope and Agnes Waters Libraries. Children can create baubles, cards and gift bags at Calliope Library and general Christmas Craft at Agnes Water Library.
- There will also be balloon sculptures by Curly Lou to be enjoyed in Calliope. Time: 9.30-11.30am.
Thursday, December 19
- PCYC Pool Excursion. Cost: 5$ addition to day fee.
- PCYC Junk Craft Day. Standard day fee.
- Bunnings DIY Paper Chain. Time: 10am. Cost: Free (booking is necessary).
- Children's Christmas Craft at Mt Larcom and Boyne Libraries. Children can participate in different activities at Mt Larcom Library and Boyne Island Library. Time: 9.30-11.30am.
- Be-Jewelled: Jewellery making workshop for children between 6 and 16 with local artist Lyn Lee. Takes place at Gladstone Regional Art Gallery and Museum. Time: 10am - 12.30pm. Contact and book: 4976 6766.
Friday, December 20
- PCYC Secret Santa. Bring a plate to share and a present to give away under $10. Cost: Standard day fee.
Saturday, December 21
- Bunnings DIY Tic Toc Drum workshop at Bunnings. Time: 10am. Cost: Free (booking is necessary).
- Bunnings Warehouse Gladstone: book online at bunnings.com.au/stores/ qld/gladstone or by phone on 4971 5400.
- SUNfest: Book online at gladecc.com.au, or phone 4972 2822 for ticket inquiries or 4972 5111 for general inquiries.
- Stockland: 4978 1944.
- PCYC: 4971 3122
- Gladstone Art Gallery and Museum: 4976 6766
- Scrapbook Fantasies: 4972 2117
Check out your copy of Monday's Community Advocate for more school holiday activity information.