Teenager electrocuted by faulty shower
A TEEN was electrocuted by a faulty shower just hours before her boyfriend planned to propose on their romantic holiday.
Viktoria Stronskaya, 18, was tragically killed while holidaying in the southwest Russian village of Loo near the resort city of Sochi.
She had been whisked away by her boyfriend Pavel Kniazkov, 23, who was planning to ask her to marry him.
But tragedy struck when she went to take a shower one evening and was killed by electric shocks caused by an alleged boiler malfunction.
Mr Kniazkov told how they had a romantic evening swimming in the sea before taking a long walk on the beach.
But when she failed to come out of the bathroom he went in to check on her - and found her lifeless in the shower.
Mr Kniazkov's sister, who has not been named, said: "After an evening walk Viktoria went to the bathroom.
"My brother went to check on her.
"He knocked, she did not reply and he believed she just did not hear it because of the water.
"Fifteen minutes later he entered the bathroom and saw her lying on the floor still grasping the shower nozzle in her hand.
"When he tried to take her out of the cubicle he also was electrocuted.
"He planned to propose to her.
"The house owner helped to transport the body, but the people who lease their property should check all the equipment they have in the house, because negligence can cause tragedy."
Viktoria was buried on Sunday in the southwest Russian city of Kislovodsk.
Police have not yet commented on the incident.