QAL still working to repair damage from caustic leak
REPAIRS to vehicles damaged during a caustic leak from QAL last month are expected to be finished by the end of August.
The company has updated the community of the progress of its response to the incident.
The company has again apologised for the impact and inconvenience created as a result of the incident, and said repairing damage to cars was the highest priority.
In an advertisement in Saturday's Observer, QAL manager Mike Dunstan said the company had established partnerships with repairers, who had put on additional resources to cope with demand.
Repairs are being worked through, and are expected to be finished by the end of August.
"This timeframe may sound long, but it is for a good reason," Mr Dunstan said.
"We do not want to compromise on the quality of repairs, and are taking steps to ensure all items are repaired to their previous condition.
"This will avoid any re-work, and will ensure everyone is satisfied with the outcome."
Mr Dunstan said the focus at the moment was on mobile assets such as vehicles.
"If you have raised a concern regarding other property, such as houses, our team will be in contact over the coming weeks."
Mr Dunstan reassured residents there wouldn't be further impacts on property from the June 10 event.
He said the release was a low concentration of alkali, and any impact would have occurred at the time of initial contact.
"Once alkali has dried off, which is almost immediately, it will not continue to cause any further impact," he said.
Residents who need more information on how their case is progressing can call 1800 181 110.