Nightmare end as Gladstone Power women bow out
THERE are a host of teams that would be extremely grateful to finish third in the QBL, but in Gladstone, that just doesn't cut it.
The entire Gladstone Power women's team was bitterly disappointed with the loss to Ipswich and finishing short of the final, despite the 16-2 final record.
"We don't play to come third, and anyone that comes into this team has to know that," captain Jess Bibby said.
After finishing the year with the worst performance the team has put together, a 78-60 loss, Bibby made no excuses for the loss but rather called it a 'nightmare game' that the team did all the wrong things in.
"It was things we spoke about every week at training, not letting it bite us in big games, unfortunately it did," Bibby said.
"We did not do a good job guarding bigs or playing a full 40 minutes."
Bibby is not wasting any time considering improvements to the Power team, already putting processes in action to build another squad capable of a championship.
- Rachel Pryor: Points - 6, Rebounds - 10
- Natalie Hurst: Points - 10, Rebounds- 7, Assists- 8
- Diana Neves: Points - 4, Rebounds - 2
- Jessica Bibby: Points- 31, Rebounds- 3
- Amanda Beatson: Points - 6
- Rebecca Haynes: Rebounds - 19, Blocks - 3
- Katie Rose: Rebounds - 3, Blocks -1