How to get police on the case if neighbours are too noisy

QUEENSLAND police have issued a timely reminder to anyone throwing a party tonight - keep it at a reasonable level or they'll be paying you a visit.

If police believe noise is excessive, they have the power to enter the premises, without a warrant, and give the person responsible a noise abatement notice.

Failure to comply could result in a $200 on-the-spot fine.

They've also issued a reminder to anyone wanting to report loud parties online.

The Policelink online reporting system can now be used by following the below steps.

  • Enter 'Policelink Queensland' into a search engine or go to and click on 'policelink' at the top of the page.
  • Go to 'online reporting' - 'other reporting' - 'noisy/party complaint form'
  • Carefully read the conditions of use then enter the detail requested through the drop down menus
  • People reporting noisy parties can remain anonymous but police will need to get an address from where the noise is audible to make an assessment

The Policelink app can also be used and is available on the Apple App Store or through Google Play.

Superintendant Matthew Vanderbyl said that it offers people a different avenue of reporting to picking up the phone to report loud parties.

"You can remain completely anonymous when reporting these types of disturbances online,' Superintendent Vanderbyl said.

"Once we have received your complaint, you will receive an email and crews will then be tasked to attend the location where the party is taking place. We have found that online reporting is more convenient for some people, but you can still call 131 444"

"But remember: If an incident is life threatening, ALWAYS call Triple Zero (000), but if its not, Think Policelink and call 131 444, visit the website and report online, or use the app."