Finding a bargain locally or online
ALL savvy shoppers will know that the June/July period is the best time for finding a bargain whether it is locally, online or out of town.
Whatever your looking for you can almost guarantee that come end of financial year stock take, clearance and run out sales will be making an appearance.
Kerrie Lacey owner of Fantasy Rags, Gladstone said that the end of financial year sales are always a busy time for the CBD based fashion boutique.
"We usually start our sales off at 25% as an incentive to get people into the store but the end of (financial) year sales will start on July 1st," Ms Lacey said.
Ms Lacey said it has been a good trading season for her store and a lot of people have been chasing winter stock and she will now be looking at a change of season stock in turn running out the winter season stock on sale.
"I hope to have an interest in the sales as we have done in the past (at this time of year)."
Though this time of year is a great chance to grab a bargain people need to be wary of the financial implications of over-spending.
Mary Carlyon from Financial Framework wealth advisors said it is necessary for people to look at what they earn, need to pay adn need to buy before going shopping.
"People need to be aware of their current financial situation and not buy products just because they are on special is they won't be using it immediately - otherwise it is just money sitting on a shelf," she said.
Shopping for a new vehicle is also a popular trend during June/July and Steve Spalding from the RACQ is urging people to think smart before purchasing a run-out vehicle.
"As the end of the financial year approaches, car dealers will be offering new cars at discounted prices and the temptation will be there to snap up a bargain - Don't buy impulsively," Mr Spalding said.
Financial Framwork Wealth Advisors offers general financial advice but people seeking individual tailored advice should contact them directly on 4972 8644.
Sales now on at:
- Suzanne Gray: Sale on now in store
- Prouds the Jewllers: 20-40% off in store
- Neville Gregory: Up to 50% sale on now
- Terry White Chemist: Prices redcued storewide
- BIG W: Toy Spectacular Sale
- Rush: Sales on different clothing items
- Bras and Things: Markdowns on over 500+ styles
- EB Games: Sales on now
- Just Jeans: Further 25% of sale stock
- Sales on now including many more stores.
Sales now on at:
- David Jones: Half yearly Clearance Clearout save up to 70% and storewide savings
- Myer: Australia's Biggest Stocktake Sale and hot clearance offers for fashion
- Target Australia: Australia's biggest toy sale and 20-40% off homewares
- Joyce Mayne: Massive savings on furniture and bedding including a $25 million stocktake sale
- Toy's R Us: 'Toys R On Sale' starts today
Sales on now:
- Dotti: Free Shipping over $100, $30 off selected dresses and $20 off full priced denim.
- Fashionista Sista: Final Clearance on some stock and special offers.
- Ally: Free delivery Australia wide on purchases over $50.
- The Good Guys: Storewide savings and pay less online.
- Kmart: Online deals, 10 DVDS delivered anywhere in Australia for $7.