Dog registration discount period closes after October
GLADSTONE Regional Council is reminding dog owners that they have until the end of the month to benefit from the discount pet registration period.
The council's environment portfolio spokesperson Councillor Col Chapman said owners who made full payments by October 31 would save 20 per cent on fees.
Cr Chapman said having dogs fitted with microchips had more benefits for owners than just a discounted registration fee.
"Microchipped dogs have their individual bar code and owner's contact details recorded on a nation-wide registry database and this, coupled with registration, gives lost pooches a greater chance of being reunited with their owners," he said.
The council has delayed the processing of cat registrations pending a decision on whether or not to continue with the program.
The move follows the Queensland Government's introduction of a clause to the Agriculture and Forestry Legislation Amendment Bill 2013, repealing cat registration from the Animal Management (Cats and Dogs) Act 2008.
For more information phone 4970 0700 or visit the council's website.
2013-14 registration renewal fees
Paid by October 31:
- Entire animal $75 (pension or concession $40)
- Desexed or micro chipped animal $40 (pension or concession $20)
- Desexed and micro chipped animal $20 (pension or concession $10)
- Registered breeders animal $40
- Regulated dog $300
Paid after October 31:
- Entire animal $95 (pension or concession $60)
- Desexed or micro chipped animal $50 (pension or concession $30)
- Desexed and micro chipped animal $25 (pension or concession $15)
- Registered breeders animal $50
- Regulated dog $400