Council allocates funding for major events
COMPETITION for financial support for major events will be tight when the second funding round is announced by Gladstone Regional Council.
Seven events were given a total of $165,069 on Tuesday as part of the first round of funding for 2015/2016, as recommended by the Major Event Advisory Panel.
But the yearly allocation is only $200,000, meaning three quarters of the money has already been allocated.
Gladstone Regional Council director Cale Dendle said that fact had been taken into account by the panel, which agreed most of the big ticket items had been captured in the first round.
"The panel is comfortable there are sufficient funds for round two," Mr Dendle said.
Gladstone PCYC Rainbow Run 2016 asked for $14,848 but was refused on the basis the event is "already sustainable".
- Gladstone Multicultural Week: $8000
- 2015 District Lions Club Meeting: $5000
- 2016 Mt Larcom Show: $15,000
- Capricorn Film Festival: $14,069
- Agnes Blues Roots and Rock Festival 2016: $30,000
- Captain Cook 1770 Festival: $13,000
- 2016 Gladstone Harbour Festival $80,000