Clubber hit with curfew, drinking ban after alleged assault

WANNA-BE clubber David Wilson will want to keep his feet firmly on the ground after the 40-year-old allegedly kicked a police officer in the head, screaming he was "gonna kill" them.

Instead of being home in bed at 2.30am, Wilson is accused of losing his cool while being removed from an Ipswich night club.

David Lindsay Wilson, from Sadliers Crossing, went before Ipswich Magistrates Court charged with obstructing police; and two counts of serious assault of police officers after an incident at 2.30am on Saturday, June 9.

He made no pleas to the charges and his bail application was opposed by police.

Police prosecutor Sergeant Bradley Dick said officers were outside Club Metro on Brisbane St just before 2.30am and heard a man yelling and screaming profanities, when being escorted from the night club.

Sgt Dick said when police told Mr Wilson he was under arrest he became aggressive.

Mr Wilson kicked out his right leg with full force and struck the left side of a police officer's face causing pain and an abrasion, the court heard.

Mr Wilson's head allegedly hit the police officer's ribs - causing the officer to be winded and feel dizzy.

Sgt Dick told the court Mr Wilson kicked the police officer in his right arm causing an abrasion, "making threats to get a shot gun and kill the officers in their lounge rooms".

The two officers were taken to St Andrews hospital for treatment.

Sgt Dick said Mr Wilson was also banned from the Federal Hotel because of the incident, adding he clearly had a problem with alcohol.

Defence lawyer Naadira Omarjee said it would be unjust for Wilson to remain in custody until his charges were heard.

Ms Omarjee said Mr Wilson had no convictions since 2014 and was medicated for anxiety.

Magistrate Donna MacCallum granted bail but noted the allegations were serious.

She imposed a curfew to be at home between 7pm and 7am, and told Mr Wilson that he must not be intoxicated, and may be subject of police breath tests.

His matters were adjourned to June 21.