Charles’ subtle swipe at Harry in Aussie video
Prince Charles has shared a video message with a sweet snap of the Queen, William and George behind him - but not Prince Harry.
The Prince of Wales gave a video message of support to an Australian charity from his office, with a single framed photo of himself and members of the royal family in the shot.
Prince Charles spoke to the Australian Institute of Superannuation Trustees conference in Adelaide in a prerecorded video.
Prince Charles has been seen taking video calls from his offices at Birkhall or Highgrove during the pandemic, reports The Sun.
Often a collection of family photos are seen behind him, including pictures of his son and Meghan Markle with their son Archie.
But in the most recent video, the Sussexes and their son were absent from the photo positioned behind Prince Charles.
Prince Charles appeared before the same backdrop in a video message for the Queen's Green Canopy released on Monday (local time).
The relationship between Prince Charles and his son has been strained since Megxit.
Prince Harry blasted Charles's parenting and said he moved to California to "break the cycle of pain" for his wife Meghan in an explosive podcast interview last week.
Prince Harry claimed his dad "suffered" due to his upbringing by the Queen and Prince Philip, then "treated me the way he was treated".
Prince Harry spoke about his mental health struggles in a brutally frank, and profanity-laden, chat with actor and podcaster, Dax Shepard.
He also claimed that he was told "you need help" while he was growing up but rejected it, saying: "There is nothing wrong with me."
Only weeks after telling Oprah Winfrey in a bombshell interview that his dad was "trapped", Harry again opened up about their father-son relationship.
He said on the "Armchair Expert" podcast: "I verbalise it, which is, 'Isn't life about breaking the cycle'?
"There's no blame, I don't think we should be pointing the finger or blaming anybody.
"But certainly when it comes to parenting, if I have experienced some form of pain or suffering because of the pain or suffering perhaps my father or my parents suffered, I'm gonna make sure that I break that cycle so that I don't pass it on, basically.
"There is a lot of genetic pain and suffering that gets passed on anyway. As parents we should be doing the most that we can to say, 'You know what, that happened to me, I'm gonna make sure that's not going to happen to you'."
Meghan is expecting a daughter - the couple's second child - this summer with the family now settling in to their new life in California.
Speaking about the parental differences between him and Charles, Harry said: "It's really hard to do but for me it comes down to awareness.
"I never saw it, I never knew about it, then suddenly I started to piece it all together and go, 'OK, so, this is where he went to school, this is what happened'.
"I know this bit about his life, I also know that's connected to his parents, so that means that he is treating me the way that he was treated.
"Which means, 'How can I change that for my own kids'? And well, here I am, I have now moved my whole family to the US.
"That wasn't the plan, do you know what I mean? But sometimes you have got to make decisions and put your family first and your mental health first."
His comments came just two months after telling Oprah Winfrey he was "disappointed" in his father, who he claimed had cut him off financially and refused to take his calls.
According to The Times, Prince Charles is understood to feel bewildered that he has been criticised yet again by Prince Harry.
Prince Charles put on a brave face out and about in Northern Ireland overnight, wearing a face mask as he arrived at Belfast City Hall.
HARRY, MEGHAN CUT ANOTHER UK TIE
Meanwhile, Prince Harry and Meghan have cut another tie with the UK and the royal family after dissolving their UK-based Sussex Royal firm.
Companies House documents show that the couple has instructed a voluntary liquidator to wind up the charity, which they renamed MWX last year.
Information on the site shows Harry and Meghan put in a request to wind up the company on May 4 - before appointing a voluntary liquidator today.
It means the couple is not broke but are instead just shutting down the charity.
It will take up to 10 days to process but it is the latest signal which suggests they will not be returning to the UK after settling in California.
Their decision to dissolve the charity comes just a day after Meghan and Prince Harry were seen beaming together in a new video clip for the Duke of Sussex's mental health series with Oprah Winfrey.
Prince Harry teamed up with the US chat show powerhouse for the upcoming documentary The Me You Can't See.
The first trailer for the series, which begins later this week, was released on Monday (local time) - featuring new footage of Meghan and Prince Harry together.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex can be seen smiling from ear to ear, with Meghan peering over her husband's shoulder as he sits at a computer.
Their new series starts on Friday and features contributions from singer Lady Gaga, Syrian refugee Fawzi, and DeMar DeRozan of the NBA's San Antonio Spurs.
The new show suggests the couple will remain in the US for the foreseeable future and the dissolving of their British-based firm adds to that theory.
Last year, the pair decided to change the name of Sussex Royal.
Information on the Companies House website confirmed paperwork had been submitted on their behalf to change its name to MWX Foundation.
Documents giving notice of the change of name of Sussex Royal The Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were first filed in July - but then withdrawn just nine minutes later.
But Prince Harry and Meghan performed a U-turn just days later to change the charity name to MWX Foundation.
Speculation was rife around what the initials could stand for - with guesses including the Markle Windsor Foundation or possibly the Mountbatten Windsor Foundation.
As part of the change, documents also filed showed a number of directors, including Meghan, had stepped down, confirming the charitable foundation was officially being axed.
The change was just the latest move for the couple who stepped down from royal duties last year.
The Queen told them they couldn't use the word "royal" in their branding after they quit the royal family to become financially independent and live in the US.
The Sussex Royal foundation was launched on in 2019, after the couple split from the foundation they shared with Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Originally published as Charles' subtle swipe at Harry in Aussie video