Bookies tip Labor to win Gladstone seat
THE ALP will win the seat of Gladstone in the January 31 election, if bookmakers are on the money.
Sportsbet.com.au said independent MP Liz Cunningham's decision to stand down from politics has left the Gladstone electorate wide open.
The bookie says Mrs Cunningham's decision to endorse independent Craig Butler will help, but he's only a $3 chance behind favourite Glenn Butcher from the ALP ($1.40).
The LNP is the clear outsider at $21, according to online bookmaker.
"Liz was an extraordinarily successful independent, but she doesn't have the midas touch, and we expect Labor to take back its heartland," said sportsbet.com.au's Christian Jantzen.
Queensland Votes 2015
- Newman creates part-time jobs, while others disappear
- Pauline Hanson's return adds to tough contest for Lockyer
- Arrogance a big issue for Queensland voters
- Young people given just four days to enrol to vote
- Bookies' money on Newman to lose Ashgrove
- LNP still favourite to win election, says analyst
- Gladstone independent confirms she won't run
- Lock the Gate say time for clean food, air and politics in Queensland
- Union: Newman called election to save his own job
- Clive Palmer vows to spend up big to oust Newman