Bikie remains in custody after no bail application

UPDATE: A former Bandidos motorcycle club member will remain in custody after appearing in Toowoomba Magistrates Court this morning.

Gary Thomas Williams, 53, appeared on two charges of possessing a dangerous drug, two weapons possession charges, obstructing police and an explosives act offence which arose from raids on his Lockrose home and Jellicoe St business yesterday.

He also appeared on charges of affray and disorderly conduct relating to an incident at the Royal Hotel in Toowoomba on November 5.

It is believed Williams resigned from the Bandidos in February this year, however, police yesterday alleged he was a participant in a criminal motorcycle gang.

Williams' defence solicitor Claire Graham did not apply for bail, saying the application would need to be heard by the Chief Magistrate or Supreme Court.

Magistrate Bruce Schemioneck remanded Williams in custody.

His matters are next due for mention in Toowoomba Magistrates Court on December 16.

EARLIER: A man has been charged by police from Taskforce Maxima and the Darling Downs Tactical Action Team after investigations into a disturbance at a licenced premises at North Toowoomba on November 5.

As part of the investigation a search warrant was executed yesterday morning at a Corcet Rd address during which it will be alleged weapons and dangerous drugs were located.

A further search warrant was executed at a business on Jellicoe St where it will be alleged weapons and a quantity of ammunition was discovered.

A 54-year-old Lockrose man has been charged with two counts of possessing dangerous drugs, unlawful possession of a firearm, obstruct police,  affray and disorderly on licensed premises, and one count of possessing a category H weapon.

See what the Rebels boss had to say to Queensland's police boss

Police will further allege that the man is a participant of a criminal motorcycle gang.

A 25-year-old woman was charged with two counts of possessing dangerous drugs and obstruct police. 

Both were expected to appear at the Toowoomba Magistrates Court yesterday.