Air-conditioning sparks unit fire

AN air-conditioning unit ignited a small fire at a property on Amaroo Close in Glen Eden late on Saturday afternoon.

The blaze, which was contained to the unit itself, was extinguished upon the arrival of the Gladstone Fire Brigade.

A spokesperson from Ergon Energy urged residents to monitor and check all air-conditioning units for safety hazards.

The spokesperson said regular and thorough cleaning was imperative in minimising risks in the home.

In other police news, officers are investigating CCTV footage at Boyne Island McDonalds following a complaint of vandalism, believed to have occurred on Saturday night.

Damages are yet to be calculated by police.