Ayurvedic diet keeps the body glowing in good health
AN AYURVEDIC diet is rich in vegetables, fruits, whole grains and fibrous food, which contribute to keeping the body energetic, glowing and in good health.
Benefits of an Ayurvedic diet are:
- Low in fat and helps to maintain an optimum body weight.
- Endowed with minerals that charge the body with energy and radiance.
- Rich in vegetable proteins that are quickly digested and assimilated into the body.
- Meals are easy to digest due to the inclusion of spices - garlic, ginger, cumin, cayenne, and black pepper.
- Fresh organic foods that Ayurveda relies upon are high in nutrition, and endow the body with strength and vitality.
This week we will focus on carrot juice which helps nutritionally with ulcers, heart, cold and cough, sprue, piles and bleeding diseases, and as a laxative.
- Taste (rasa) - sweet and bitter
- Quality (guna) - light and sharp
- Potency (virya) - hot
- Taste after digestion (vipaka) - sweet
- Balances pitta and kapha
- Is a rich source of beta carotene that is extremely good for its anti-cancerous properties, especially lung cancer.
- It is rich in vitamin A, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, sulphur, sodium, beta carotene, vitamin C, iron, other minerals.
Ingredients: carrot, palm sugar, water, lime juice - one teaspoon.
Method: It is really easy to prepare. All you do is extract the juice from the carrot in a blender. Add palm sugar to the extracted juice. Add lime juice and stir well. Rest for a minute and enjoy.
For those of you attending the workshop on March 15, I look forward to sharing some more on Ayurveda.
We also have a two-day major event/retreat coming up in May, so please do look out for the details.