9 facts about the Pacific Dawn you won't believe
1. At 70,000 tonnes and 245m long, it is the equivalent of three and half Boeing 747s lined up nose to tail.
2. 795 staterooms, more than Australia's largest hotel, the 658-room Crown Metropol Casino in Melbourne
3. A two-storey show lounge that can seat 740 people.
4. Capacity for 2050 passengers or the equivalent of five full jumbo jets.
5. 80 tonnes of food and drink are eaten on a typical cruise
6. 93 cooks and bakers who prepare more than 8600 meals a day for passengers and crew
7. 146 waiters serving meals using 13,000 plates, 10,000 glasses and 15,000 pieces of cutlery
8. 29 industrial-strength dishwashers to clean all of the above on a daily basis
9. On a typical South Pacific cruise, 50,000 eggs, 1000kg of bacon, 2800kg of chicken, 2500kg of rice and 5000 litres of milk are consumed