7 weird fishing superstitions
THERE may not be any rules against carrying a black cat on board, or walking under a ladder on your way to the jetty, but there are a few quirky fishing superstitions worth chatting about.
Of course they're just superstitions, but we're keen to hear any stories you may have about these being a little on the true side…
Seven fishing superstitions:
1. Redheads are bad luck: Well that cancels out your mate Blue as your new fishing partner. Sorry Bluey, not the sport for you.
2. Say no to Na-nas: Apparently carrying bananas on board your boat is bad luck and could mean disaster for the trip.
3. Women are bad luck on boats: They say women make the seas angry. Please, we all know that's not true.
4. Don't whistle on the boat: This will bring the winds apparently.
5. Sailors who wear earrings or have tattoos won't drown: Perhaps it's a sign of their tough-ness?
6. Don't rename a boat: If you decide 'Bow Movement' is no longer the funny boat name you thought it was five years ago, don't even think about renaming it or you could be jinxed with bad luck for life!
7. Cutting your nails: Got an overgrown toenail? It will have to wait until you're back on shore before it gets a trim, or you'll bring bad luck to the boat.
The ultimate fishing holiday worth $2500 at the Sunshine Coast on board Odyssey Charters. Accommodation and travel included and we'll throw in a $1000 BCF voucher.
A $5000 BCF voucher
Head HERE for more.